Many of our products can preserve themselves naturally, but a couple of Ecover products do contain preservatives as well. At Ecover, we use plant-based ingredients that are readily biodegradable. These ingredients tend to be more prone to bacterial growth which affects performance. We, therefore, need to use preservatives in our products to ensure the ingredients do not degrade. We mostly use natural preservatives, such as lactic acid, and nature identical products like sodium benzoate. We always mention preservatives on the label, if it’s not on the label, it’s not in the product.
Articles in this section
- Do your fabric softeners contain animal fat (tallow)?
- Does Ecover contain parabens?
- Which Ecover products are pH neutral?
- What ingredients are in your products?
- Are your products antibacterial?
- Does Ecover use SLS?
- What is polypropylene terephthalate?
- What are the benefits of using plant-based ingredients?
- Which plant-based materials does Ecover use?
- Are there optical brighteners in Ecover products?