Bio-based means that the ingredients are made using plants. Making ingredients from plants means that they're renewably sourced instead of using finite ingredients like petroleum. We also use bio-based materials in our packaging with 75% plant plastic from sugarcane.
Articles in this section
- Are Ecover products vegan?
- Does Ecover test on animals?
- What is PlantPlastic?
- Why do some Ecover products contain sugar cane?
- Does Ecover use microbeads?
- From where does Ecover source its ingredients?
- How does Ecover choose its ingredients?
- What is the lactic acid in Ecover products derived from? Is it plant-based?
- What is aquatic toxicity?
- What does bio-based mean?